To continue on our chocolate – dessert course in honor of Halloween I’ll be showing you how I make delicious brownie cookies. Should we call these guys brookies?
Whatever these things are called, they taste like brownies but in the form of a cookie. It is also surprisingly easy to make and bake quickly. The outside of these guys is perfectly set but the inside remains the most perfect texture. Can you tell what kind of desserts I prefer when I do eat them? Ooey and gooey is definitely the name of the game.
Also, there are two variations to this, one with white chocolate chips because that is what my husband prefers, and the regular plain jane ones…my choice.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter - ½ stick
- 12 oz. or 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a glass or metal bowl over simmering water (with the bowl not touching the water!) melt the butter and chocolate chips until well blended
- Take off heat and let cool for 5 minutes
- Mix in eggs, brown sugar, vanilla with a whisk until it is well combined
- Switch over to a spatula and gently add in flour, baking powder, salt, and walnuts if using
- Blend until everything is just mixed, don't over mix the batter
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes
- Use a medium ice scream scoop or large tablespoon to drop the batter onto parchment or silpat lined baking sheets about 1 inch apart
- If using white chocolate chips, sprinkle on the top of the cookies
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until just set
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute then transfer to wire racks to cool
- Enjoy with cold milk!