Today I have a yummy autumn-friendly sweet potato recipe for you. Now I know this recipe seems very simple and *duh* evoking, but give this a try, adding a little cinnamon to a traditional sweet potato wedges dish jazzes it up like you won’t believe. The aromas of Thanksgiving will perfume your house in under 25 minutes. Honestly, I would cook it just for that delicious aroma.
But who are we kidding, it’s so yummy I’d eat it too.
Also, my sharing this recipe earlier in the week is a little bit of strateg-ery (yes, I am using a made up word) because later this week I’ll show you how to amp up this recipe to make the best enchiladas ever. EVER. So if you make this and a have a few stray sweet potato wedges here and there it’s totally ok.
- 4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed, peeled, cut into wedges, lengthwise
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- On a baking sheet, mix together the sweet potato wedges and spices and spread onto an even layer
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway
- Serve warm