So, it’s no secret that I use a lot of spices and punches of flavor when cooking most of my dishes. It’s not because that’s all that I cook but because it’s what I get the most questions about. But, I am here to share with you a go-to dish that has clean flavors and is easy to make – a roasted leg of lamb!
Nothing is more beautiful sometimes than a big piece of roasted mean. Now, if you’re a vegetarian, I hope you haven’t clicked this recipe to begin with, but if you have, now is your opportunity to turn away. Pictures of juicy, flavorful meat are coming your way.
This surprisingly easy dish only requires a few ingredients and when served alongside some beautiful sides, you can have a gorgeous family dinner on the table in less time than you think.
Let me show you how it’s done!
First, you’ll need your ingredients. We’ll need one six to seven pound boneless leg of lamb. The ones at Costco, btw, are halal. Some olive oil, a head of garlic, lemon, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper.
Now we’ll need to make a mixture out of one tablespoon of kosher salt, two teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper, three tablespoons of chopped rosemary, one head of garlic, minced, and two tablespoons of olive oil.
You can either be awesome and let the ingredients sit on the lamb for 45 minutes at room temperature or be super awesome and wrap this whole shabang in some plastic wrap and let it permeate the lamb meat for four hours. If you go down the four hour route, make sure to take the lamb out of the fridge so it comes to room temperature for 45 minutes.
This would also be a good time to preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
After the lamb is done roasting, you’ll end up with a beautiful piece of cartelized, beautifully cooked meat. You have to let the lamb rest for 20 minutes so all the juices redistribute and so that the lamb can continue to cook a little bit more as well. Yum!
Now it’s all a matter of slicing it up and serving.
- 1 6-7 lb boneless leg of lamb
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons of chopped rosemary
- 1 head of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients but the lamb in a bowl
- Massage onto the leg of lamb and allow it sit at room temperature for 45 min - 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place the rack on the lower third of the oven
- Roast in the oven for an hour and fifteen minutes to an hour and a half or until the meat registers between 130-140 degrees
- Let the meat rest for 20 minutes
- Carve into slices
I hope you guys try this out. It really is simple, delicious, flavorful, and bountiful!