Berry cobbler is where it’s at. This is a simple, down home dessert that is a staple at any country restaurant in my small town in Florida. It’s delicious, easy to make, and filling. Even if you didn’t grow up on cobbler, you will taste how this is comfort food.
It’s also super simple to make!
It bakes up really quick and is the best way to use up berries. I always tend to buy more berries than I can actually eat. Actually, that doesn’t happen often, but during Ramadan I always have more food in my fridge than I have time to eat it. So this recipe is perfect.
- 2 cups berries (any mix, I used blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ stick melted butter (stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds)
- 1 cup milk (any kind you have in the fridge)
- 1 + ¼ cup sugar
- Softened butter to grease pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degree fahrenheit
- In a bowl mix together the all purpose flour, baking powder, kosher salt, melted butter, milk, and one cup of sugar
- Grease a casserole dish VERY well
- Pour batter at the bottom of the baking dish
- Dot the top of the batter with berries
- Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over the top of the cobbler
- Bake for one hour
- Serve warm with chilled whipped cream